If you’re gearing up for a house move, here are some great tips on making moving home with kids less stressful and easier on your budget.
Helpful Tips to Make Moving House with Kids Easier
- Contact the new school prior to moving – Make sure all required paperwork for your children has been completed and given to the new school before you pack up your current home. Consider asking for a tour of the school with the child’s new teacher to help your child become accustomed to the new environment.
- Change your mailing address – Have your mail redirected so that nothing gets left behind causing you to miss important notifications from the new school.
- Find local events – Picking out some fun things to do will help build anticipation for your new home and allow your kids to meet new friends.
- Book your move early – Hiring a furniture removal company will make your move faster and less stressful!
- Don’t pack important papers and documents in random boxes – Keep documents such as birth certificates, credit card information, etc. on hand so you can easily access them at all times, especially if any documents must be provided to your child’s school for enrolment.
- Pack your child’s favourite belongings in one box – Keep this box close for your child to open as soon as you move in. This will help to create a familiar place for them once in the new home.
- Take your children to their favourite places in town – Before you move, make a last trip to your child’s favourite places, whether it be the park, a restaurant, or their favourite toy store. Talk to them about the things they will miss to help them process what’s happening and adjust easier.
- Pick up some fun colourful stickers and let the kids label their own boxes – Involving your kids in fun ways will help them associate moving as something fun and not traumatic & stressful. When the boxes are headed to the new house, they can get excited about finding the ones that belong to them.
- Unpack your child’s room first – Moving is exhausting and stressful for everyone (unless you hired movers, that is!), but organizing your child’s belongings first will help to keep them calm and less anxious while you unpack the remainder of the house.
GET UPTO 5 NO OBLIGATION, FREE OF CHARGE QUOTATIONS RIGHT NOW!REQUEST A QUOTE
Please follow and like us: